Well Mangastream and Jaimini’s Box called it quits for all of their Weekly Shonen Jump manga so that they can allow MangaPlus/Jump App (Which is the Official Manga Release Site). So that means that series like One Piece and Black Clover will come out on Saturday or Sunday. Opposed to the Thursday Night or Friday Morning that it usually comes out. So the era of Scanlation is coming towards an end at the end of this year.
The series that are affected by this are:
- Black Clover
- We Can’t Study
- My Hero Academia
- One Piece
- The Promised Neverland
- Jujutsu Kaisen
- Samurai 8
- Dr. Stone
- Dr. Stone Reboot
There are pros and cons to this situation as follows.
- More Unknown and newers series can get more translation. cough 29 to JK cough
- We can officially support the author of these series.
- It is really cheap at 1.99 a month.
- Easier to get spoil due to the chapter getting out at a later date
- A newer manga service that some people aren’t used to or have never used.
- The cost money that people have to pay.
So a lot is going to change in the new era of manga and scanlations. This is gonna be a change and I have been seeing a lot of changes in the manga industry. So I am really curious what is gonna happen in the future. What are your thoughts about this if you were a person light me that would wait until 2 in the morning for a chapter of One Piece. How do you think the future of the manga scan industry will go. 2020 is going to be a huge year.